Benefits of Durian - One fruit that is loved by many people is the durian. Besides that it tastes very delicious and fragrant aroma, benefits of durian Monthong is healthy food because durian has many benefits for health. Not only is the flesh alone, but also on the skin and leaves. But not many people know, sometimes they even think durian is a fruit that can cause disease. Indeed, the opinion was not entirely wrong, because eating durian fruit can increase blood pressure. Besides cholesterol levels in the durian is also quite high.
But the durian is a healthy diet is good for the body if eaten without exaggeration. In the durian fruit flesh contains many nutrients, which are carbohydrates, fat, protein, fiber, calcium (Ca), phosphorus (P), folic acid, magnesium (Mg), potassium / potassium (K), iron ( Fe), zinc, manganese (Mn), copper (Cu), carotene, vitamin C, thiamin, niacin, and riboflavin. Durian also contains a fair amount of sugar as well as its heat so that people with diabetes and pregnant women should not consume durian.
|A Plate of Durian|
A Plate of Durian
Phosphorus and iron contained in the durian was 10 times more than a banana. Nutrient content per 100 grams of durian fruit is 67 grams of water, 2.5 grams fat, 28.3 grams carbohydrates, 1.4 grams fiber, 2.5 grams of protein, and energy yield of approximately 520 kJ.
Benefits of Durian Fruits:
- Anemia can be overcome because durian is rich in folic acid and iron.
- Can cope with constipation because the durians contain lots of fiber. Besides durian skins are crushed and applied to the abdomen to facilitate defecation.
- Preventing premature aging because they contain vitamin C as an antioxidant.
- Increase low blood pressure because they contain iron and its heat.
- Overcome swelling.
- Treat the rash on the skin (ringworm).
- Good for healthy bons and joints because it contains calcium, potassium, and various vitamin B.
- The content of manganese can maintain a stable blood sugar levels.
- Durian skin is burned and used as ash, water can launch period, but also to be abortive.
- The fruit can be as cure jaundice.
- Increased appetite because it contains niacin and thiamin.
- Riboflavin (vitamin B2) may help to deal with migraines.
- Maintaining a healthy thyroid for the content of copper.
- Can reduce stress and depression because the content of pyridoxine (B6).
- Good for dental health because it contains phosphorus (P).
- Durian fruit leather can be used as a mosquito repellent.
- The roots and leaves of durian steeping water can be as antipyretics.
- Believed to be an aphrodisiac.
- Its roots can be to treat infections of the nails.
In addition to the above benefits of durian leather was also no good, as did Suryadi Ismadji, Ph.D., professor of Chemical Engineering UKWMS. Her skin as interesting as the fruit durian. Together with his student guidance, Suryadi examines the benefits and value of durian fruit leather.
Based on his research, durian skin, skin cassava, jackfruit skins, seeds and bark contain high carbon distance. Therefore, students with guidance, Suryadi trying to make activated carbon from agricultural waste. Activated carbon is used for the adsorbent (methane gas absorber) and the super capacitor (battery).
Research the manufacture of activated carbon from waste is collaboration with the Institute of Oil and Gas (Lemigas), and in 2011 began to be implemented on a small scale in a pilot plan to be tested on the gas tube. As many have reported, the amount of gas cylinder blast in Indonesia to bring sacrifices and losses are not small. Therefore, with the addition of activated carbon in the gas tube can absorb methane gas to reduce pressure in the gas tube so that the gas cylinder explosion of methane gas under pressure can be reduced.
Research on activated carbon in the skin of durian fruit, seed spacing, and jackfruit rind him to get his award "Science Technology Award 2010" from Indonesia Toray Science Foundation (ITSF) in the field "Adsorption, Supercritical Fluid Technology Wastewater" by the title of the research " Application of Low Cost Materials and Agricultural Waste Materials for Environmental Remediation and Conversion Into Valuable Products ". The award was received on February 10, 2011 in Jakarta
|monthong durian tree|
monthong durian tree